View Single Post
Old 21st October 2007, 21:50   #16  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodas View Post
First at all, it lack the ability to edit the streams, like Vdub Mod does, so it is not the "same functionality" as claimed.
VirtualDubMod was not mentioned in the FAQ at all!
Also note that in Avidemux you can find the Audio Streams at Audio -> Main Track.
Quote:
Second - it from 2h 10min movie take only first about 12 minutes.
MKV support still is a "new" feature under development. If you find a file that does not work yet, please post your problem at the Avidemux forum. And if you do so, don't forget to provide a sample file that shows the problem! I'm sure Mean will look at your problem ASAP... Also note that VirtaulDubMod is a "dead" (discontinued) project and it's implementation of MKV is out-of-date!
Quote:
And it somewhat complain about the bframes ???
Well, as the message says: If your video contains b-frames, you need to use the so-called "special" mode. In that mode you will loose frame accuracy, yes. But there is no OpenSource video editor available yet, which is able to handle b-frames in a frame-accurate way! VirtualDub definitely does not do it. I heard some commercial editors actually do that, but I can't confirm. Also Mean said that "proper" b-frame support is a planned feature for the next major version of Avidemux...

// EDIT

Information from official Matroska site:
Quote:
VirtualDubMOD

Project is more or less abandoned, nobody is working on it actively. Also, it can't support most of the modern MKV files anymore. Since version 1.5.10.1 it can handle the new lacing method. Better use mkvtoolnix or avi-mux GUI.

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 21st October 2007 at 22:09.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote