View Single Post
Old 18th April 2020, 18:10   #1645  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Using latest release, which I installed a little bit ago, on my XP-SP3 system (ya, I know, but this computer has a purpose).

While extracting a .cue file, a song was skipped and a reason was not given. I couldn't find a log file. If I play the .cue file via VLC, the song plays just fine. I skipped to it, played several seconds and then skipped to the next song. No issues.

What could cause LameXP to skip a song?

Update: While adding some more .cue files, one skipped two files and the next one skipped 13 of 19, 13 of 19 and 14 of 19 (3 disc set). Ouch!

OK, this is getting downright nasty. Disc 1 and 2 of a 2 disc set skipped all 20 tracks (each disc).
You can run application with command-line option "--console" for more detailed logging.

Just for the notes: I use the CUE sheet import function all the time to import .cue files produced by EAC (Exact Audio Copy) and didn't encounter any "skipped" tracks yet.

Anyway, maybe you can see something in the log.

BTW: Is this a CUE sheet with just one big WAVE file that will be split into tracks, or does it use a separate WAVE file for each track? In the latter case, it could be that some files were not found for some reasons.

(For example, if you choose the "wrong" character encoding, it is possible that file names containing "special" characters are interpreted wrongly)