View Single Post
Old 13th November 2009, 19:31   #8  |  Link
Blue_MiSfit
Derek Prestegard IRL

Quote:
What kind of camera did you take it with? Not all cameras resolve 4:4:4 data on 1920x1080.
And this matters... why? It's all 4:2:0 in the end, and it's not like he's doing any special effects like chroma keying that would actually require more than 4:2:0...

Quote:
FLASH is NON-IE browser plugging or IE ActiveX control ,which have performance penality,and FLASH itself is low performance ,native HTML5 <video> tag is good stuff instead of FLASH for browser high performance movie playback.
Yes... Flash is (currently) slow for 1080p content. AFAIK this is mostly due to its slow rendering / presentation. I don't think the <video> tag coming in HTML5 will inherently be any better. It will be up to browsers how to handle video playback, and I can't imagine that being terribly optimized - at least right out of the chute. Silverlight is pretty sweet at the moment, and Flash will speed up quite a bit soon.

Re: the youtube quality - meh. It's okay, but I doubt they're using bleeding edge x264 goodness. I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to bother trying, but has anyone downloaded one of these and grep'd through the file to see if they left the user data in the file, so we can at least peep on the encoding settings?

~MiSfit

Last edited by Blue_MiSfit; 13th November 2009 at 19:33.
Blue_MiSfit is offline   Reply With Quote