View Single Post
Old 27th December 2009, 03:42   #5  |  Link
seanxu_2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_MiSfit View Post
How exactly are you processing your 1080i sources? Real-time is not my specialty, and probably rules out AviSynth, but maybe something can be done. Why the low bitrate restriction? What x264 command line exactly are you using? Your problem may be due to poorly chosen settings.

Are you going to 480p60 or 480p30? If you're coding interlaced - you probably shouldn't if you're trying to squeeze in as much quality as possible. The scaling / deinterlacing process can also heavily impact compressibility. So - how are you doing this?
Moar info pls

~MiSfit
uh...ok. I choose a clip from NBA, mainly including running and shooting, and the source is 1080i 60field, I used some tool to de-interlace, scale, and denoise it to 480p 30 frame(I also compare 480p 30 and 480p 60, it's trade off between quality and fluency, I selected the fore one because it seems more acceptable), then,I use the YUV420 raw data as input which 's quality is very good, and X264 command is below:
1 pass --bitrate 800 --ratetol 10 --qcomp 0.9 --profile baseline --me dia --ref 1;
2 pass --bitrate 800 --ratetol 10 --qcomp 0.9 --profile baseline --analysis all --me umh --ref 3 --deblock 3:3.

800bps is restricted by the network, but it allows 10 second latency, so I choose 10 as ratetol, and baseline is confined by the decoder, cabac and B can' t be used. and deblock alpha and beta is set as 3 3, which can help to decrease the block effect more or less I think.
however, all my attempts do not give me a obvious improvement, now my plan is below:
1 reduce some detail at pre-process, by using some strong denose tool or blur tool, because of scaling down too much.
2 because of NBA scene, what we concentrate on are always the athlete and ball, while the auditorium is ignored usually, so I can adjust the QP higher at center region, on the contrary, lower at around of the video, so maybe I add some code for ratecontrol based on the region adaptive.

that is my assumption, any suggestion?
seanxu_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote