View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2019, 21:09   #55146  |  Link
VBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
VBB,
In devices/your display/, create a profile group for PROPERTIES using this rule:

If (deintFps <= 30) "10-bit"
else "8-bit"

Add a profile for PROPERTIES named 10-bit.
Add another named 8-bit.

For the 10-bit profile under 'the native display bitdepth is: - select 10 bit (or higher).
For the 8-bit profile, select 8bit.

I use older nVidia drivers. Never a problem going into HDR mode and both are set to 8 bit here.

Follow this link and you'll see the screenshots I've listed - https://imgur.com/a/4h7U0#MruR8Lw
Thanks, but wouldn't that just switch anything with less than or equal to 30fps to 10-bit and the rest to 8-bit, regardless of what bit rate the source actually is?

Maybe I didn't explain this right Ideally, I'd like to have the entire chain set to 8-bit. That's best case scenario with the OLEDs, but it's not doable at the moment, because madVR won't switch into HDR mode when it's set to 8-bit.

As a workaround, I want to split DISPLAY -> PROPERTIES into two separate profiles, one for SDR using 8-bit, and one for HDR using 10-bit/auto. The only boolean I can see useful for this is "HDR", as in

if (HDR) "HDR"
else "SDR"

but that does not work. madVR will always use the SDR profile.