View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2019, 05:49   #8  |  Link
mkver

1. What FrameCounter tool are you talking about? I only found a tool of that name that appears to be made for showing the FPS of game consoles (the PSP). The reason I am asking this is to find out whether this tool is really able to distinguish IDR frames from ordinary keyframes; also, are its ranges in output order or in decoding order (and if the very first GOP contains undecodable leading frames (that are undecodable because they are missing references from the preceding GOP), how is this handled -- after all these frames lead to no output)?
2. In mkvmerge version 30.0 and 30.1, the files written are flushed after muxing is complete (from mkvmerge's point of view; at this stage, parts of the file are still in memory and not yet written to disc) in order to prevent errors like you have experienced (in future versions, the flushing will be an opt-in feature (see here)). So I am wondering what version of mkvmerge you're usng.
3. Probably the best you can do (apart from uploading the whole input file which probably isn't possible because it's copyrighted?) is to upload the output of "mkvinfo -s -r <output.log> <Matroska file>" for the relevant Matroska files somewhere.
4. The actual place for MKVToolNix bug reports is here.
mkver is offline   Reply With Quote