View Single Post
Old 10th September 2009, 20:15   #5114  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
@jdobbs

Did you ever discover what was the issue with Universal discs and bd-9 on the Sony? We know that the same image plays fine on a bd-25 so it's a Sony firmware issue but it was more a case of curiosity. I have tried various discs (which tend to have PiP) by including and excluding the seconday video, and with secondary audio which can and can't be processed. However, all fail to play the main audio on bd-9. Rather than PiP, is it the menu system or U-Control which could be confusing the Sony's?
Since the exact same image works when written to BD-25 -- it has to be related to how the Sony works with the BD-9, and not the structure of the BD-9 itself. One option would be for me to remove the secondary video and also remove any references to it in the MPLS... but that still wouldn't be a successful backup since the PiP would be missing.

But more clearly -- "No" I don't know why it is doing it. I wish I did. It's on the list of "do some investigation" items I'm keeping (its a fairly extensive list).

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th September 2009 at 20:18.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote