View Single Post
Old 28th September 2020, 23:49   #30017  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
a few quick questions @jdobbs

* is this switch SPECIAL_3D_MUX=1 still needed for in-mux 3D or even at all? (maybe make it a setting instead of hidden option?)
* i'm trying to create movie-only output type but i can't figure it out. I'd like "MKV, Full-SBS (3D), but recoded audio (aac or ac3, but surround intact or recoded to 5.1, codec don't care)". Ideally for an estimated filesize of around 4-8gb. Is this doable?
All SPECIAL_3D_MUX does is not add the InsertSEI and contSPS parameters to the video line of the META file. It was reported to help with pixelation... but I can't confirm that it does. But it should have no affect on MKV output.

It's been a while since I've done 3D, but In order to output SBS, you should just add:

OUTPUT_SBS=1

to your BDREBUILDER.INI file. Alternatively you can set it by selecting "Output SBS/OU Movie-Only Output" from the SETTINGS dialog (it sets/resets OUTPUT_SBS). On my system I also have to add:

FRIM_SW_DECODE=1

You should then be able to pick any of the "No Resize" options for output. For example you might choose "MKV Container, NO_RESIZE, AutoGOP, Auto-AC3". In order to set to a certain output size you can select "VBR Target Size..." when you are selecting the ALTERNATE output. You could also choose "One Pass CRF Target Size...".

[Edit] You'll have to use either X264 or X265. I just tried one using NVENCC and it choked on the input. Not sure why, but I'm guessing it either doesn't like the sizing or it has an issue with the AVS. I'll look at it for the next release.

Last edited by jdobbs; 29th September 2020 at 00:13.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote