View Single Post
Old 26th July 2010, 13:33   #8913  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chompy View Post
Hi,

I know it’s very strange, but I’m having the same frame freezes that SoniG reported sometime ago and that jdobbs fixed in v0.34.01

Obviously I’m using v0.34.05 and Inspect says everything is fine (movie only backups work perfectly), but the two seamless branching movies I’ve tested this weekend (Up and Toy Story 2 Spanish blu-rays) have these frame freezes at the end of each m2ts.

I have PROCESS_SECONDARY=0 in BDREBUILDER.INI as I don’t need PiP at all, and selected only English and Spanish in Audio/Subtitle languages to keep in setup, and the result is the same If I choose BD-25 target size (x264 compression) or a custom target size big enough in order to only do a remux: nasty freezes at the end of m2ts files (in Up, remuxing only is even worse than x264 compression).

And what’s even weirder is that if I use MultiAVCHD with the same settings, the resulting blu-ray plays perfectly fine without any freeze at all.

Could anybody please tell me what am I missing?

Thanks jdobbs for this great program and greetings
The first thing I'd do is remove PROCESS_SECONDARY=0. Thatis known to cause issues, and will be removed from the next release. Please post your BD-REBUILDER.INI file so I can see your settings.

What are you using for playback? If it isn't a standalone player it's possible it the player is the issue. Movie-only (and probably multiAVCHD) uses a single M2TS, while multi-part playback may be delayed for the "switch" between parts (on poor players).

Last edited by jdobbs; 26th July 2010 at 13:40.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote