View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2019, 17:49   #56  |  Link
SamuriHL

EXACTLY the mentality I go in with. I spent 3 grand on my Panny Plasma 5 years ago. I relegated that to my bedroom (ok, 65" Plasma MIGHT be a bit overkill for a room the size of my bedroom, but, whatever LOL). I have my old Sony 50" sitting in the garage waiting to figure out if someone wants it or not one of these days. I'll take the "what to do with the old one" problem. I mean, people spend 800 bucks on a freaking video card that will be "obsolete" in 3-4 years. A TV for 2 grand every 5 years isn't outrageous. And it'll take that long, IMO, before the realization of HDMI 2.1 comes to pass. I do agree with you on receivers, though. That one is a hard pill to swallow. I've upgraded mine 3 times in the last 5 years and am not keen to do it again. I also need to add the ATMOS height speakers when I get a job to finish out that installation. I'm not in the "wait til everything's perfect" mindset. It's constantly changing no matter when we buy. To me, waiting for everything to be just right means you'll be waiting forever. I get it, setting a goal on what you want is fine. But at some point you just break down and go for it.