View Single Post
Old 24th February 2020, 17:04   #18372  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
...Seems like a lot of unnecessary and error prone work when the options are already there and user friendly in the one-at-a-time encode interface, but for some unknown reason omitted from the batch encoding interface.

Why would the batch interface not simply present the same options for custom resize using manually entered x and y dimensions without border padding (in addition to the ones already there)? Doesn't seem to make sense when that's already in the code...
Custom scripts do present the problem of errors but once you have it figured out there are no more errors.
The reason (my guess) that more and more options have moved to custom scripts is that the Dev. has changed direction over the years. While the option might be there in edit but not batch is something rather than changing RB every time this happens or people want a new filter they can do it on a case by case basis with custom filters as there will be over lap between what people want but not a lot of overlap even when a filter feels really important to a user.
I use custom filters a lot, feel free to ask a detailed question about them if you need more help as this is the best solution IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Sorry, I'm not interesting in doing that. I will go back to my manual method that gives me full control.
Custom scripts will also give you full control and save you time, as it is almost the same thing as what you're wanting IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Is there a way to run multiple scripts ??
Yes! with a custom script. The downside is if you have a lot of different scenarios that you come across a lot you'll need a lot of very similar custom scripts. I keep a few dozen around for this reason and try to archive ones I haven't used in the last ~6 months.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote