View Single Post
Old 12th October 2019, 17:46   #28890  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
Hi jdobbs
Using v0.60.27 (and previous versions) i have a problem with fast-forward at speed > 1x and fast-rewind at any speed on STAR WARS - THE LAST JEDI (Dolby vision title)
The fast-rewind simply does not work at any speed and fast-forward at speed > 1x moves the play to the next title.
Original version works ok on my Oppo UDP-203 player.
Also SOLO - STAR WARS STORY rebuilded version works ok on both fast-forward and back-forward (not dolby vision title).
Can you please check if itīs a dolby vision titles problem on fast-forward/fast-rewind ?
Ok. I just tried it on a couple discs with dolby vision that I'd rebuilt and it works fine for me.

But...

Since my player doesn't support dolby vision, that may not mean there is no problem. A guess would be that my player simply ignores the dolby tracks and so it doesn't affect it.

The CLPI file has a table called the Characteristic Point Information (CPI). Within it are contained pointers to the video packets that are the beginning of accessible points used for fast forward/rewind and chapter skips. My guess is that there may be something I'm missing related to those points within the separate dolby stream.

I'll look at my CPI table and that of an original disc and see if I can catch anything that might stand out.

This UHD support has become a major pain in my ass.