View Single Post
Old 21st December 2008, 16:37   #11  |  Link
tobinaka

I told UMEZAWA, Ut Video developer, about the comments here. He can read the posts in English, then please keep it coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia25000 View Post
Hm when i go in the Folder with the Encode, WinXP Sp3 Crashed.
Both UMEZAWA and me can reproduce the crash. He said the bug that Edius crashes when a video encoded by Ut video is on timeline was reported. They may be from the same reason. I searched the web for "thumbnail(s) crash explorer(.exe)" and found many reports like it, but I can't find yet how to fix it on the source code. If you know, tell us please. It should be fixed on the developer's side as well as video thumbnails are made disabled on the users' side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
Since it's GPL, I'd be happy to compile a x64 version when the author considers it to be stable enough.
UMEZAWA is concerned that it will be all C++ on x64 version compiling with doing nothing special. It's OK?

UMEZAWA also says that he develops Ut Video for post-P4 CPU. He won't write MMX code even if MMX is faster because MMX is doomed -- 64bit Windows couldn't use MMX practically (though he uses MMX at a single part )

We look forward to your continued support. Thanks!
tobinaka is offline   Reply With Quote