View Single Post
Old 21st May 2019, 15:29   #532  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

1) Yes, that would be the correct way as you are feeding it with 8bit planar data.

2) Yep, definitely better to have more precision whenever you can (at the expense of speed).

3) Sure, there you go: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...87#post1715287

4) If you are working in 8bit planar: LSFMod. If you are working in 16bit interleaved, either MCLS_16 or BicubicSharp. For 16bit stacked, I'm using RKS but it's closed source and I can't share it as it has been developed years ago by the engineer who taught me encoding.

Quote:
Thank you very much for your educational explanations; they're really helpful to an AviSynth hobbyist such as myself
The whole 16bit stacked, interleaved, planar is kinda tricky for me as well sometimes, so I'm not surprised that it's confusing for people who don't use Avisynth everyday for work and for people who didn't really went through the "evolution" of Avisynth through the years 'till the "normal" high bit depth arrived.
Honestly, if planar was introduced years ago in "vanilla" Avisynth, we wouldn't have had this "mess" of filters supporting stacked, some others supporting interleaved, some others supporting both (like f3kdb) but not planar > 8bit, some others supporting planar only 8bit, some others supporting planar high bit depth (8bit/10bit/12bit/14bit/16bit/32bit) but not stacked nor interleaved ecc.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote