View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:42   #536  |  Link
LouieChuckyMerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
I don't think it's needed. Spline is a very sharp resizing kernel due to the nature of its implementation and if you need it to be sharper, try raising the "taps" number in NNEDI 'till you'll find the "sweet spot". As you probably know, internally, Spline is limited to Spline16Resize, Spline36Resize and Spline64Resize, however in NNEDI you can choose the number of taps yourself, so you can go above and get Spline144Resize using 12 sampling points and so on. Please note though that a very high number of taps won't be as beneficial as you might expect, which is why people are generally using Spline36 or Spline64... except Katie... She loves Spline144Resize.
Thanks for the very informative answer--I didn't know that about Spline--and thank you so much for all your instructive help .

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
If you are using Avisynth+ and DGDecNV, then you have DGSharpen(), which is a very fast CUDA implementation with functionality like LSFmod. It works in 8 or 16-bit depth.

You really should get away from all the high-bit-depth hacks, IMHO, and go for native support.
Thanks for letting me know about DGSharpen; I'll definitely check it out. As for the hacks I know that you're right, but when I began trying to learn AviSynth some years ago I tested a dozen different denoisers and found SMDegrain to be by far the best for my needs and, as far as I know, there isn't yet a version available with native 16-bit support. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though. Also, could you point me to a site (or thread, or any place) where filters-plugins with native support are gathered? Thank you.
LouieChuckyMerry is offline   Reply With Quote