Thread: Zopti
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2019, 01:46   #127  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Mike View Post
@WorBry: I'm glad u finally woke up and entertain the idea of "weights" - a concept used in scientific formulas and equations since the dawn of time, and that includes the field of color science.

This is good, this could indicate progress !

Maybe next time before u have ur temper tantrum, u can put the bottle aside, and read posts properly. Zorr did directly mention weights to u in regards to ffmpeg's implementation but u seem to have chosen to ignore that... until u remembered.

well, to quote u: what gives ?

yeah, hence me throwing it out there and asking for opinions... ;-)
I have never not had an 'idea of weights'. That's what my last series of tests in the 'SSIM and GMSD metrics' thread was about - to see if any weighting or resizing is being applied to the luma-converted U and V planes in the muvsfunc SSIM and GMSD implementations:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...63#post1870863

And your original question about 'weights' here was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Mike View Post
...so what are opinions about how to weigh the GMSD/SSIM results if the css of the dist differs ?
Which both I and ChaosKing answered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
You don't. You either convert the css of the 'distorted' clip to that of the reference or vice versa. They must be the same format - period. It's the fundamental requirement of Full Reference Image Quality Assessment. You seem to be laboring under this notion that it should somehow be different. 'Full Reference' - think about it.
(You still seem to have that notion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
But to compare different css you have to resize the chroma plane to match the same clip format for ssim/gmsd. It's similar to a rgb and yuv clip, one has to be converted wich alters your final score a little bit.
Now enough of your insults and overt gas-lighting.

@VS_Fan and Poisondeathray. Thanks. Alot to think about there.

Last edited by WorBry; 6th April 2019 at 02:12.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote