View Single Post
Old 18th March 2011, 19:54   #11559  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJT View Post
It just demonstrates there are situations in which BD-Rebuilder may not be able to modify the registry keys, and still says it was sucessful when it wasn't.

It's still a BD-Rebuilder bug, at least to say it was successful, if not anything else.

Win7DSFilterTweaker is just 1 tool that presented the bug. It could be anything. Who knows what is out there that someone may have installed prior to BD-Rebuilder that prevents it from modifying the keys.

Running FF_RESET does something which allows it to work again, so it is fixable.

I had a feeling you would say "don't use Win7DSFilterTweaker". This isn't the problem. The problem is whatever it is, there are situations where BD-Rebuilder will think it has fixed the filters and it hasn't.

This has nothing to do with Win7DSFilterTweaker which is merely what was used to present and cause this problem. No doubt one of many tools and ways that this can happen.
Ok... let's look at this scenario. Suppose you run another piece of software and it reformats your hard drive. Oh no! BD Rebuilder will no longer run! Does that mean it is a bug in BD Rebuilder and I have to somehow make it restore your hard drive?

Of course not -- that's a ridiculous thought. But it is essentially what you are telling me.

The problem isn't mine to worry about and I WILL NOT SPEND TIME TRYING TO FIX OTHER PEOPLES ISSUES.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear. But it is the answer. End of story.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th March 2011 at 19:57.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote