View Single Post
Old 6th March 2019, 00:28   #28406  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
I just had to jump through hoops again to make a DVD from my "A Star Is Born" (2018 release) blu-ray, as BDRB is unable to create a DVD directly from this (and many other) BDs.

It failed towards the end of "Starting to MPLEX":
[21:32:59]PHASE TWO - Rebuild Started
- [21:32:59] Building ALTERNATE OUTPUT Structure
- [21:32:59] Converting 1 subtitles to DVD format.
- [21:33:46] Starting MPLEX.
- ERROR in attempt to mux (MPLEX)
[21:35:37] - Failed to REBUILD

I got it to work by:
The BD was ripped to hard disc using DVDFab64.
I then created a movie only BD50 folder/files using BDRB and forcing BDRB to convert the audio to lossy Dolby Digital by unchecking everything under "Audio Encoding Options" in Setup.
Then I used BDRB to create a DVD from those BD folder/files successfully.
It appears the process to create a DVD from a BD in BDRB doesn't like the lossless audio tracks in many titles?
Well, I found the issue... but it isn't BD-RB. The DD TRUE_HD track has an issue. BD-RB extracts the core audio -- and, strangely enough, it is 448Kbs (instead of 640Kbs as you normally see). That isn't really an issue since 448Kbs is what is used on DVD. But... it makes BD-RB try to use it intact. The problem is that the core audio track is corrupt. So when MPLEX tries to mux it, it gets this error:

**ERROR: [mplex.exe] Can't find next AC3 frame: @ 456128512 we have e027 - broken bit-stream?

The other english track is DTS-HD XLL. That one is used by default on my system. It works fine because BD-RB correctly realizes it must be encoded.

I'll try to put a fix in by adding an option in which the audio is forced to be reencoded.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th March 2019 at 00:32.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote