View Single Post
Old 16th December 2018, 19:07   #140  |  Link
UHD 4 Everyone

So over the past week I've been trying to use a combination of TSM2UHD, TS Muxer, ffmpeg, Adobe Encore, and hex editing to create a UHD Disc with menus (even if the menus are 1080p) I know this is probably next to impossible. But when you're making less than $200K/year being able to purchase Scenarist UHD or KITe UHD is out of the question.

Is there anyway to retain menus from a 1080p disc and replace the streams with a UHD stream?

Here's my workflow:

1. Author disc (with menus) in Encore with 1080p streams but match audio content.
2. Render UHD content into MKV containers in x265 that are UHD compliant.
3. Remux blu-ray folder structure (one per stream, except for menu) in tsmuxer using the mpls files and replace streams with uhd h265 elementary files.
4. Drop in new m2ts files into the stream folder.
5. Drop in new mpls files.
6. Re-create entry point instructions in BDEdit
7. Drop in index.bdmv and movieobject.bdmv files from one of the remuxes.
8. Re-create instructions and references of original index and movieobject files in BDEdit.
9. Run TSM2UHD against the structure.*

* When I go through this workflow, TSM2UHD does not recognize the fact that flags need to be changed in every file. I'm not sure why it's not detecting it but the output looks like this:

Code:
========Job Started========
[11:34:16] Scanning source for UHD attributes...
 - UHD attributes collected.
 - Scan completed.
[11:34:16] Checking/Adjusting MPLS file...
=========Job Ended=========
So at that point I'm obviously missing a flag somewhere. It could have been overwritten when I re-created the instructions in any of the files. Or it could be that there's still an MPEG-2 stream for the menu and TSM2UHD sees it and refuses to run.

And maybe it would help if tsmuxer could remux an m2ts stream that has a PGS.

Any suggestions on what steps to take? Or where did I make a mistake (besides wasting time attempting this haha)?
UHD 4 Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote