View Single Post
Old 19th March 2010, 17:14   #7333  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
It has been quite some time, but I just tried a full backup to BD-5 of a Universal title(Couples Retreat), and though the backup finished successfully, when the main movie is playing back on either of my Sony's, S360 or BX1, there is no audio heard or subtitles displayed. I know this was an issue some time back, but I thought it had been corrected.
I can set the english subtitle through the menu, but it still is not displayed. Also, trying to change subtitle tracks from the remote while the movie is playing does nothing.
For the audio, I chose to keep one english 640kbps 5.1AC3, which is heard when playing back on my PC, but not on the standalones.
Also, normally my receiver will display Dolby Digital while playing back this type of audio, but for this movie, it only displays "Stereo", which is what I see when playing back a 2.0 AC3 audio file. The display on the Sony Player does display the correct DD 5.1 audio, but, for whatever reason, this information is not being transmitted to the receiver. I am not able to select/change the audio track thru the remote either, as nothing happens when I select/press the audio button on the remote. For my other backups, pressing the audio button will display the other audio tracks available, but continue with the english audio I chose to keep.
So what could be so different/unique about Universal titles that causes this unheard audio and not displayed subtitles?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote