View Single Post
Old 21st March 2019, 22:31   #34  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcd View Post
As far as I can see the only part that is NOT working with this settings is the scene with the scanner and the directly following entering the foodplace. All other seems to work fine, so this scene has something special, thats why I advised to it.
Splitting out that one scene with Trims to use a different FixBlendX setting doesn't sound like too much work.

Some/most of it must have out of alignment fields and that's why TFM() on it's own does the job. For the section we've been playing with there's oddities I don't understand.

I had another look, and if you look at the fields this way:

A = last.SeparateFields()
B = A.SelectOdd()
C = A.SelectEven()
StackVertical(B,C)

You can see there's nothing unusual about the first few frames where the car goes past.

When it switches back to the shot of the group there's blending in the odd fields only. And it's constant. The even fields are nice and clean (except for one field on the scene change). For a normal field-blended conversion, the odd fields will be blended for several fields, then the even fields for several fields, but (ideally) never at the same time. When you bob de-interlace, the fields become full frames, so there's always a fairly clean version of each frame, and SRestore or FixBlend etc can be used to pick them out as it normally happens in a fairly constant pattern.

It stays that way until the shot where they walk through the scanner, where it switches to the even fields being the one's with constant blending, and the odd fields are clean. Once again the only exception is the scene change, where the odd field is also blended. That's no doubt why the blending on scene changes is somewhat harder to remove in the usual way. It's also why TDeint(mode=1).SelectOdd() mostly worked for that section. After bobbing, every second frame is blurred and SelectOdd keeps the good ones.

TFM() doesn't work for the blended field sections because ultimately it's trying to pair non-blended and blended fields, and then it has to de-interlace the blended parts. You can really only fix it with bob-deinterlacing (to make each field a frame) and then remove the blended ones, but because it's such an odd thing, I can't find an automatic way to do it. Maybe zorr will return and offer some suggestions.

Theoretically, the following should be fine for the whole episode, and hopefully the "B" clip will cover most of it, but where it doesn't you'll have to switch to either the "C" clip or the "D" clip using Trims, according to whichever one has no blended frames. If there's only a few short problem sections it shouldn't be too much work. For the scene changes you'll have to pick the least offensive frame. If there's other problems.... well... that'll be another bridge to cross. I've no idea how it ended up the way it is.

A = Last
B = A.TFM()
C = A.TDeint(mode=1).SelectOdd()
D = A.TDeint(mode=1).SelectEven()

B.Trim(0,?) ++\

Here's some screenshots.
The clean section (TFM can match up the fields):

Odd fields blended:

Even fields blended:

And a scene change where a single odd field is also blended.

Last edited by hello_hello; 21st March 2019 at 23:41.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote