View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2017, 00:24   #3028  |  Link
manolito

Hey ChickenMan,

good to see you again after a long time (last time we talked was in 2014, and before this in 2010)...

We do go back a long time, I remember you had published a tutorial for DVD2SVCD on another forum (defunkt now, I even forgot the name). This was when I just started with conversions to SVCD (DVD burners were not even available at this time). Man, we've gotten old...

I still have DVD2SVCD on my machine, but not really using it. Generally the DVD format seems to fade quickly, I myself do not use it any more. I used to burn my TV captures to DVD for a long time, but this became unmanageable for the sheer number of disks. I now convert everything to AVC / AAC and copy it to an external HDD, I got a little streaming box (Xtreamer Sidewinder) to watch the stuff. And right now even AVC looks out of fashion, everybody seems to use HEVC.

But yes, AVStoDVD is still fun, I hope that MrC will stick with it for a while. I am also a little bit involved in DVDStyler. My little FFmpeg VBR plugin got so popular over there that Mr. Thuering (the author) decided to integrate it transparently into his software. Now DVDStyler in addition to elaborate menu creation can also do high quality FFmpeg based transcodings.

All my best wishes to you...
Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 3rd March 2017 at 00:26.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote