View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2018, 04:28   #1019  |  Link
Nintendo Maniac 64

Now the wait begins for dav1d to be implemented into LAVfilters and for my low multi-threaded utilization woes to be gone once and for all!

...please tell me I'm not being overly optimistic by saying that? The way I see it, a Xeon x3470 shouldn't be all too different from the likes of an i7-8550U seeing as the Xeon has a ~33% IPC deficit while the i7 has a ~33% clockrate deficit, so the end result should be pretty similar (not counting AVX anyway).

I mean, if its too slow on an i7-8550U, then it'll be too slow for almost all laptops in existence except for maybe those 6core i9 laptops and those crazy gamer/professional laptops that have full-fat desktop CPUs like that Asus with a Ryzen 1700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingWolf View Post
you gave me a reason to install FSN again
Just as long as it's that upcoming "merge project" mentioned on the last couple of pages at the end of the linked thread, otherwise I'll never forgive you.

(to clarify, the original visual novel only renders at 800x600 while this "merge project" will have HD visuals and high-res text - that alone should make it a no-brainer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingWolf View Post
Also, the pre-edit "the original visual novel from 2004" was just fine
I only removed the "2004" text because I thought using "original" would be clearer to convey that the visual novel came before any think else Fate-related.
Nintendo Maniac 64 is offline   Reply With Quote