View Single Post
Old 12th February 2019, 14:06   #54690  |  Link
j82k

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Hi j82k, thanks for this - I know you're likely to be busy but any way you could test a couple other driver versions? (I loaned my meter to someone). Specifically 398.11, which is apparently the last driver that is working fine for HDR passthrough (and conveniently the driver that brought improved 23p playback...I never could get any good timings with 385.28)
I'm already back to 385.28.

But it's easy to test even without a meter. I explained this before, don't know if you missed it. On the LG C8 the 20-point white balance adjustment points are different when the TV receives 1000 or 4000 nits metadata.

Just open madTPG and enable HDR. Go into your TVs 20 point white-balance settings and check the second last adjustment point. With 4000 nits metadata it should be 713. The number will change in real time when you switch between 1000 and 4000 nits in madTPG. If it doesn't show 713 when madTPG is set to 4000 it means the TV is getting the bogus metadata.

As for timings for 23p. On my 1050ti all I have to do in madVRs custom modes tool is pick EDID/CTA and change the pixel clock from 296.70 to 296.69 which gives me almost perfect 23.976 Hz. But of course that could be different on other GPUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat4all View Post
@j82k
Thanks, that very helpfull, would you please install the latest test build along with nvidia 418.81 drivers and take measurements with those settings:

tone map HDR using pixel shaders
output video in HDR format = enabled
target / real display peak nits = 800
apply dynamic clipping = enabled
apply target nits selection = disabled

Because it seems ok for me and almost matchs correct playback using my tv embedded media player.

I tried messing with madVRs tone mapping in passthrough and it didn't make a difference on the grayscale sweeps. I was still on madVRhdrMeasure43 though.
But I think displaying single colored squares isn't really a good way to test dynamic tone mapping.
j82k is offline   Reply With Quote