View Single Post
Old 23rd August 2011, 07:33   #5  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
Your work is awesome, and I do apologize for not completely answering your questions in the past, but I really wanted to narrow down things for you and make things a little easier. I still have one odd thing that you may be interested in. It is illustrated in this screen shot, which I have highlighted:

[picture]

As you can see it is a 59.940fps clip and I am wondering why the Present Queue is only going as high as 7 (very rarely going to 8) when it is set to 16. ALL other movies, files and clips I have go to 16, but this 60fps content only goes to 7. This was one of the main reasons why the bad drivers were dropping massive amounts of frames, the queue is very small and any delay/glitch quickly empties it.
That is normal. The present queue is limited by the render queue in some way. It can only go higher if your display refresh rate is higher than the movie fps. In your test you were watching a 60 fps movie on a 60 Hz display, so it could never exceed 8 frames (=the maximum of the render queue). Your other movies are probably 24 fps < 60 Hz.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote