View Single Post
Old 25th August 2011, 08:33   #73  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Quick comment on dispclut.exe. Using --reset (Windows-default 8-bit CLUT?) doesn't do the desired behavior, since most calibration applications use a 16-bit linear CLUT.
No, I'm actually generating the 16-bit ramp you posted manually.

I don't know how Windows (or rather, the graphics card) translates a 16-bit ramp down to an 8-bit display device.

I'll see if I can find out whether 65535 or 65280 is used for maximum white (255 signal).

In a somewhat unrelated note, I've now provided a common interface for color transformations (ITransformationProvider) as well as a way to combine these together (TransformationFactory) and sequence them (PipelineTransformer).

This allows a developer to create and arrange parameterized transformation construct, then “compute” a single 64bit->64bit function using .GetTransformer(), that can be re-used to look up a bunch of values.

For example, if I want to create an 8 bit -> 16 bit grayscale 3dlut with attached calibration data, I can do this:

Code:
new TransformationFactory(
    PulldownTransformer(8, Range.Full),
    GrayscaleTransformer(Recommendation.BT709),
    CalibrationTransformer(CalFile.FromFile("somecal.txt")),
    PullupTransformer(16, Range.Full)
    ).GetTransformer();
Now I just have to create a GUI for it.

Edit: I'll just assume ArgyllCMS, i1Profiler, basICColor and ColorEyes know what they're doing when they mean linear = linear and use the same.

Last edited by nand chan; 25th August 2011 at 08:41.
nand chan is offline   Reply With Quote