View Single Post
Old 6th August 2020, 09:29   #23  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisty2 View Post
it's not about new or old generations, these things along with stuff like gram make people braindead
Well yeah...
I don't have TikTok, Instagram and other things.
The only thing I have in terms of Social Networks are LinkedIn and Facebook 'cause I follow politicians and it's helpful to keep contacts with some of my friends and old colleagues, but that's it... and most importantly, I post only what I want while there are people taking pictures with their smartphones (not even a decent camera) all the time... Oh and hashtags... Hashtags are probably the smartest thing programmers invented: they tricked people into labelling their pictures and manually insert meta tags by letting them think it's "cool", so people began to take pictures and post things like: "#Sunbating" or "#Ice cream" or "#At home" and so on. People at FB are geniuses xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
I dont really know what tiktok is (and dont want to know), same for instagram, I sort of know what twitter and facebook are,
but have no intention of ever signing up with any of them.
Well, what makes me wonder is the fact that people like the random teen coming out from Love Island on ITV or other "Instagram Models" or "Influencers" and so on actually find a way to make money out of these things and have their bit of popularity...

Quote:
To me, Brainstorm and Green Needle should not sound anything like each other, thats what is freaky about it.
Ok, so I'm not mad, they really don't sound anything like each other. xD

Quote:
I guess I must represent [in your mind] "the ol' fart of D9".
Not just in my mind. :P
Jokes aside, you're probably one of the few people I can play around with without taking what I say seriously.
(And on the other hand, there's a bit a truth about the average Doom9 age from a poll I made a while ago as Statistics don't lie xD)

Last edited by FranceBB; 6th August 2020 at 09:33.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote