View Single Post
Old 27th November 2020, 22:24   #60832  |  Link
ang3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
@ang3l - since you are using madVR, you should not be switching Windows into HDR mode manually. Windows shouldn't do anything differently. Sounds like the AMD driver is doing something.
yes, windows is in sdr mode, "play hdr game and apps" turned off and also the tv recognize the input signal as sdr

I forgot to report that the skin tones are way too reddish, so it may also be related to wide color gamut in some way, but in the amd radeon settings panel there is nothing about it, I tried to switch between rgb full range, limited, YcbCr 4:4:4 etc, but there is no effect, always darkened blacklevels and oversaturated colors

on the tv I tried to change all the settings, but the only one that works is that "setup hdmi hdr", which turn off the hdr functionality for the selected hdmi port

p.s.

another thing, if I leave that option on the tv on, so the hdmi on the tv is able to receive hdr metadata, but I connect the pc to the tv through my avr that is limited to 1080p with no uhd funciontality the black levels are correct

just to dimostrate that is not that option on the tv that turn wcg on for the incoming signal

I also tried to output the desktop at 1920x1080 connecting the pc directly to the tv, but nothing, windows recognize an hdr capable display and black levels/colors are wrongs

Last edited by ang3l; 27th November 2020 at 22:54.
ang3l is offline   Reply With Quote