View Single Post
Old 27th September 2017, 14:49   #902  |  Link
MrVideo

OK, here is an update. In case I didn't mention it, the OS is XP-64.

I placed the two DLLs in the bin directory from which my script is run, which is in my $PATH. No diff.

I placed the two DLLs in the AVISynth/plugins directory and commented out the line that loads the frimsource.dll file.

I ran the AVISynth tool and it lists the DLLs that FRIMSource depends on. Two of them, d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll are not on my system. I guess that BDRB doesn't use any functions within those DLLs.

This gets further, sortof. Two error dialog boxes show up (both from x264.exe). The first error is that the entry point SetThreadErrorMode cannot be found in KERNEL32.dll. The 2nd is that the entry point EventRegister can't be found in ADVAPI32.dll. Then avs complains that there is no function FRIMSource.

I have no clue as to how BDRB is able to work when two entry points are not found in a couple of dependent DLLs.

No idea why trying to load the FRIMSource plugin via the AVS loadplugin doesn't want to work. At least it tries with the DLLs installed in the AVISynth plugins directory.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote