View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 22:17   #193  |  Link
zapp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
ConvertToPlanarRGB()
z_ConvertFormat(pixel_type="YUV420P16", colorspace_op="rgb:srgb:170m:f=>709:709:709:f")

What is your plan for the final output resolution? Regardless I would generally suggest that you should not convert to 8-bit YUV here. I would suggest keeping 16-bits (as above).

Use f3kdb to convert down to 10-bits for your HEVC compression.

f3kdb(range=31, grainY=15, grainC=10, sample_mode=2, dither_algo=3, dynamic_grain=true, keep_tv_range=false, output_depth=10)

You can't force a particular resolution for the output of Topaz? Does it have bars on the sides, or does it fill the entire frame?

If it fills the frame you will have to squeeze it horizontally. I would probably squeeze it in the z_ConvertFormat line.

like:
z_ConvertFormat(width=2880, height=2160, resample_filter="bicubic", pixel_type="YUV420P16", colorspace_op="rgb:srgb:170m:f=>709:709:709:f")

As to which scalar (resample_filter) you should use, I don't know. There will be lots of opinions.

Then it will have a SAR of 1:1 and you can encode it with x265 as 10-bit HEVC.
Thanks! This all seems to work pretty well and I'm getting a 10 bit HEVC output now.

One other question, I'm using ImageWriter in the IVTC avs script to save the output to 16 bit png images. What's the speediest way to do this? Right now I'm just clicking play in AvsPMod and it takes a long time.
zapp7 is offline   Reply With Quote