Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2020, 08:55   #935  |  Link
osgZach

Feature Request:
Can you please modernize the options allowed for exporting segmented AVI ? Currently the file size limit on segments is 2048MB which makes it very impractical for working with lossless codecs. I was hoping setting it to 0MB and using the "limit number of frames" option would get me larger files but alas... It would be nice to see this output option modernized a bit. You could even expand it to work with other output containers if people were so inclined to use it that way.

There are other possibilities too. Giving it a number of desired chunks and having it calculate the number of frames to output based on total frames or play length, etc. Being able to tell it to queue an output job in X number of chunks and automatically setup the jobs in the queue would potentially be neat as well. I could see myself using it for heavy filtering jobs that may require 24 hours or more of processing; being able to do it in lossless chunks that I can pause/resume as needed and rejoin myself later, might be useful...

but really in terms of basics anything is better than a 2GB file limit.
osgZach is offline   Reply With Quote