View Single Post
Old 27th January 2015, 22:03   #1083  |  Link
Shiandow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima123 View Post
Shiandow,

Mind if you can share with us how's the CalculateSize() supposed to work. I am a little bit confused what it will act if after the 1st round using NEDI, the currentSize already bigger than the targetSize.
What CalculateSize() tries to do is to cut the scaling process into equally sized pieces, making sure that the amount it needs to scale is within certain limits (or as close as it can get). The sizes it picks don't change if NEDI has been used, and in most cases it will simply downscale NEDI to what it thinks is the right size. If there's only one pass then it might decide to upscale, and I just realised that this causes an error if you scale exactly 200%. I should probably fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima123 View Post
I will try the new algorithm later today, with NEDI enabled, to see how it performed. Looks like you already changed how NEDI is utilized in SuperRes to limit it to only the first round.
That's always been how it worked, the main difference is that NEDI is now done in the L*a*b colourspace, which might improve quality a bit. Anyway, let me know what you think, it's very hard to estimate how all the small changes impact each other.

Edit: Bug should be fixed now.

Last edited by Shiandow; 27th January 2015 at 23:14.
Shiandow is offline   Reply With Quote