View Single Post
Old 5th January 2009, 22:46   #8  |  Link
IanB
Avisynth Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutjong
I don't understand what you mean here... The source is YV12.
Another thing, what YV12 option should I check Cedocida's options? My guess would be DV?
Your source is Pal DV, i.e. it has DV's unusual chroma placement, and there are a whole raft of issues with interlaced YV12. Cedocida can do YV12 in 3 flavours, hence my recommending the YUY2 option.

Cedocida does a fully correct job converting DV chroma to YUY2. I wanted to make it easy for you and just make the issues go away, hence YUY2.

IIRC the panasonic DV decoder outputs RGB24 and it does a poxy job on aligning the chroma and has luma range issues. Yadif only does YUY2 and YV12.

With YUY2 from Cedocida, there are no level issues, what is on your tape ends up in YUY2, i.e. you get to choose how to control the levels if anything needs to be done.

With YUY2 there are no chroma placement issues, YUY2 has no vertical subsampling.

As Xvid is a 4:2:0 format and matches Avisynth's default YV12, you can convert to YV12 after all the interlaced issues have been eliminated.
Code:
Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")
AVISource("Casbah.avi", Pixel_type="YUY2") # Using Cedocida for DV
Yadif(0, 0) # Deinterlace
ConvertToYV12()
Spline36Resize(656, 368)
For the Xvid I am inclined to leave QPel and GMC off. Many hardware player still fubar them and they do not offer very much quality wise on generous bandwidth encodes.
IanB is offline   Reply With Quote