Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 28th January 2020, 20:40   #5090  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Btw. as I have changed the test version to 3.4.1 instead of 3.5, scripts that were parsing VersionString to get the build number at the exact 17th position no longer worked. Aside from this fact, is there any other reason why the 3rd part of the version (BUGFIX_VERSION) was not included in AVS_FULLVERSION?
E.g. now it reports 3.4 even for 3.4.1?
I've done the modification to include this 3rd part in it but real.finder noted me the problem, so I temporarily reversed the change.
I think it was just an oversight, as one of my main concerns was getting a bugfix version into the pkg-config file. The lack of it when using Version had been bugging me too.

The test build's huge revision jump is due to the Linux support commits, shielding the Windows-only parts behind ifdefs and [amongst other changes to get it to build] switching the vast majority of the MSVC-specific types to stdint in places that aren't specific to one OS or the other. I just wasn't sure if any of those sorts of changes might end up impacting operations in any way, is all.

Oh, and I added the VersionEx() function, which - eventually - would be intended to provide a verbose list of different internal versioning or values thatan end user may want to check. It's still nearly identical to Version(), save for also including the compiler info (currently only tested with MSVC and GCC, not Clang, and definitely not ICL).