Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 9th February 2020, 20:49   #5138  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Yep, I've seen the usage statistics in the latest poll over there, which was showing the demand for XP - I don't know whether it comes from the typical age tree of the visitors of forum-like social media , anyway as long as there is a relatively effortless option for building xp-friendly stuff, I'll keep it for a while.
Windows 7 is already out of mainline support and people are still using XP? I wouldn't advocate dropping it just to spite XP users, but at this point you can barely even run Windows 7 on the latest hardware (definitely not officially supported). Encoding has to be quite painfully slow on the most recent hardware that actually supports XP.

Are there really people trying to use their ~20 year old P4 with their nearly 20 year old OS to work with modern video formats and processing techniques? Given the hardware and OS they're using it seems like they shouldn't have any issues with running an old version of AVIsynth(+) too. They should be used to it since pretty much every application has already left them behind.

Last edited by Stereodude; 9th February 2020 at 20:52.