View Single Post
Old 17th May 2020, 17:48   #231  |  Link
JoelHruska

Quote:
It's more work up front, for sure, but not really an impediment to creating scripts that other people can download and run to make their upscaled versions. Chir and I already have override files for the first 13 episodes.
Several parts to this answer.

1). I have been concerned about the amount of time it takes to create each episode's scripting. My assumption -- at least as a person who is literally learning about this process from this thread for the first time -- is that it will take me considerably longer than it might take the other experts in the thread.

2). AviSynth and the various associated tools and front ends are not simple. The more details people have to modify in script files (for example, to point to their own paths), the higher the intrinsic difficulty.

I realize that very few people will ever perform this kind of work, but the reason I started this project is because I was angry at the quality of the show on Netflix and Amazon Prime. I wanted people to be able to see it at something more fairly representative of the actual quality. So I'm hoping to create a project that is as approachable as possible, with as few dependencies and snags as possible. It may be possible to write sophisticated scripts or processing front-ends that get around this problem, but I do not know how to do it.
JoelHruska is offline   Reply With Quote