View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2018, 19:02   #52657  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
You are still protesting a color change that was fixed by setting madVR to BT.2020? How exactly will this get this issue fixed?

I can’t understand why you are interested in this hobby when your PC breaks every month or so. I just play stuff almost every day and watch it. I don’t know why you seem to have so many issues.

You would have to narrow down the exact driver version and all of the exact settings to reproduce the issue and madshi would to have somehow reproduce the problem.
EDIT - the colour sat issue which is fixed by calibrating for BT2020, no idea why this fixes it, that it does should tell whoever knows how MADVR and CALIBRATION works what is going on here, this is why its odd nobdy seems to be able to help with this.

watching movies is the hobby, how I get my machine stable isnt.

i've had some bad luck with hardware, i'm also pretty skint so everything I buy is used so that does lead to some extra issues.

However, if I just left my machine as is i'd have no issues as I have workarounds. Whenever a new driver or madvr release comes out I feel the need to test it to see if it cures either of my two issues which i've had for ages, the colour sat issue and the HDMI loss coming out of 3D movies.

You'd think simply rolling back would revert everything back to working again but this is rarely the case, I do usually manage to get back to working fairly quickly though.

I dont know what else I can give MADSHI to help with either issue to be honest, I've asked, perhaps if more people had the problem MADSHI could give it some time but it appears there is a small subset of people with similar hardware, setups and players.

I cant blame MADSHI for wanted to give both issues a low priority as there only seems to be me and maybe 1 or 2 other people with the colour sat issue, so few people play 3D MVC movies theses days this is an even smaller dwindling subset and so I doubt my black screen HDMI loss issue with ever be fixed.

Because i'm here a lot it probably seems like I have a lot of problems., I dont really, at the end of the day i have a fully working system and thoroughly enjoy using it on a daily basis.

Last edited by mclingo; 22nd September 2018 at 19:06.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote