View Single Post
Old 17th March 2018, 23:14   #27155  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
Hello jdobbs! Do not think, I would not be patient .... I just wanted to ask if there is something new in the 4K project. The last information was that the video and audio were out of sync. Are you on the track of the mistake?
When I read in other forums, I see that everyone is struggling with similar problems.
Either there is no menu, or the program freezes. No good news. I firmly believe that you can do it!
The first instance of that issue was fixed. But then I found another sync problem. That one was fixed (but only kinda'). I've found that I can't get TSMUXER to properly mux an X265 stream that has closed GOPs. When it does, it is way out of sync. So I used open GOPs... unfortunately, though, something happens that causes the video to start/stop at about halfway through the movie when I use that stream. If you mux just the video it plays back fine -- but for some reason it doesn't work properly when I keep the audio too. Interestingly, the original stream muxes and plays fine with or without audio when muxed by TSMUXER. So it has something to do with the new stream created by X265... it could be a setting, but I've been going through virtually every possible iteration of settings with X265 and haven't found a magic bullet yet.

Honestly I've been close to tearing my hair out a few times... I guess I need to find another HEVC encoder just to see if it is TSMUXER, or X265, or the settings that is/are at fault. But since the orginal stream seems to work fine, I suspect X265 or its settings to be the issue (or at least it's interaction with TSMUXER).

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th March 2018 at 23:18.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote