View Single Post
Old 29th January 2018, 12:12   #330  |  Link
gpower2
gMKVExtractGUI author

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcj View Post
Is it possible to set (force) the mkvtoolnix directory through command line? Something like "gMKVExtractGUI.exe --mkvtoolnix=/home/user/custom/bin". Right now it seems to default to "/usr/bin" even if I put another directory with the command line tools in front of my PATH.
I finally got to this request and I just commited this new functionality with r165. I think I tested enough, however a second set of eyes is always better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Thanks for the new version. Still working fine on XP!

A request regarding the new output directory behaviour.....

Could gMKVExtractGUI always remember a specified (default) output directory independently of the "use source" option?
Or to put it another way, could the "use source" checkbox simply toggle between a specified directory and the source directory? Currently it can work that way, as long as you check "use source" after adding input files and uncheck it again before removing input files, or before closing the GUI, and as long as you don't click on any input files while "use source" is checked. If you follow those rules, you can check "use source" and gMKVExtractGUI will extract to the source directory, then when you uncheck "use source" it goes back to using the "default" directory (the one you previously specified).

Anyway... I think it'd be more fun if gMKVExtractGUI always remembered a specified (default) directory and the "use source" checkbox simply toggled between that directory and the source directory (without causing gMKVExtractGUI to forget the specified directory).

Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
^ Second this.
I added this functionality with a small context menu on the output directory. It will be available with the next version, or you could build it yourself from trunk if you want to try it!
gpower2 is online now   Reply With Quote