Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 5th February 2018, 23:14   #429  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

So if decoding takes more than 100ms it still might abort and drop the frame? Or is that what "Drop frames when seeking" controls?

Fullscreen is another idea, but I just meant to get rid of the icon border and put the image right against the edge of the window, so when maximised it fills the whole screen width. Great for widescreen video on a 1920x1080 screen - no more missing out a few columns on the right.

I started work on an Avisynth viewer once, a long time ago, so some of my ideas come from there... like a control to select the matrix for the internal conversion to display RGB, and also view-space deinterlacing (so framecounts remain the same, but playback could do a simple deinterlace for viewing purposes - or the option to step like this "10t, 10b, 11t, 11b...").

Quote:
Maybe it was interesting as benchmark. If you want to know when same thing runs faster/slower than before...
Perhaps... I still think time remaining is far more useful (and FPS is best for benchmarking).

Quote:
Btw a question: which buttons on timeline waste the space? I think there are too many, some I never touched once.
I only ever use Stop, for when I've pressed Ctrl-Shift-Arrow and Space alone won't stop it and I get confused Any reason Escape shouldn't be a shortcut for Stop?

A tool/shortcut I would use is to place markers on the timeline (Shift+M), along with a tool/shortcut to jump between markers (Ctrl-Left, Ctrl-Right) - maybe even with thumbnails recorded. But then you would have to start considering a project-save option...

Last edited by wonkey_monkey; 5th February 2018 at 23:37.
wonkey_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote