View Single Post
Old 15th March 2020, 12:35   #3325  |  Link
Mike-uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayasl View Post
AVStoDVD ver: 2.8.8
AviSynth: 2.6

Please assist me to create a DVD with DTS audio from the following file.

Source details:
from reading, avs2dvd does not encode to DTS format only ac-3 wav and mp2 I guess this is due to licencing issues with DTS labs

it also seems DTS source audio tracks need to be 20bit or lower to be direct copied by avs2dvd, this apparently is a muxman problem ? , id guess Blu-ray source files are 24bit DTS audio, as is your MKV so will need re encoding

as quoted by Mrc, Many (I would say all) 24bit DTS tracks are refused by muxman. Sometimes it refuses 20bit tracks as well... hence the DTS compliance is not 100% solved. (wheter this is still relevant im not sure)

so I guess your options are, AC-3, or find a way of re encoding your DTS audio tracks to 20bit and hopfully avs2dvd will direct copy, and hopefully muxman will accept it

and do you really need DTS on a DVD ???, AC-3 is almost on par

on a Blu ray, yes I understand, superior picture and audio DTS-HD and master, im guessing DTS will take up more space leaving a lot less space for the video on a dvd ?, considering your compressing video from a already compressed video at only 3 gig to start with for 1hr+ of footage the sorce is prob not the best to start with

Last edited by Mike-uk; 15th March 2020 at 13:22.
Mike-uk is offline   Reply With Quote