View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2014, 16:00   #16  |  Link
friolator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwaggoner View Post
Also, if you can work from how many bits each, you can pull that from a .stats file as long as you archive one from the final encoding pass.
I'm curious as to how to do this. I'm building a GUI front end for the x264 CLI for our internal use, and I'd like to build a bitrate graph to display after the encode is complete. I'm not seeing any per-frame bitrate information in the stats file. Can that be derived from the various fields displayed in the stats? If so, how?

I know we can get this from a verbose log, but I'd prefer to do it from a stats file if possible. My app's progress indicator during the encode is simply displaying the text sent to stdout (in normal mode, this shows very useful information). Setting the log to verbose messes up the display of the progress indicator while encoding, because it's outputting much more than just the progress. Plus, verbose mode generates a huge file if you're doing a feature film.

If there's a way I can grab the bit rate for each frame from the stats file, I'd love to know how.

Thanks!
friolator is offline   Reply With Quote