View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2020, 18:13   #29570  |  Link
cartman0208

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@cartman0208

I removed the keyfile parameter and the memory leak persists for me. Not sure how my test differs from yours. As for the encode failure... I think the problem would also depend on the source you are using. So it will happen, it's just a matter of time. You actually need the keyfile to make sure there is an IDR frame at each chapter point.

But... I have good news. If you change the output format from an elementary stream (.hevc) to a container (e.g. .m2ts)... the problem seems to go away. That provides a good workaround that won't require BD-RB to have to rewrite the entire HEVC stream! I should be able to use the .m2ts as an input file for the TSMUXER muxing. It'll require some code changes -- but I don't think it should be anything too extreme.

My thanks to jkiku101 for experimenting with encodes and finding this potential workaround!
Ok, then maybe it's really my 1909 Win10 Build for which I did not receive an update yet ... and 2004 is messed up with memory leak ...

Doesn't matter ... good to have a solution for this ... now to find the best settings for awesome quality
cartman0208 is offline   Reply With Quote