View Single Post
Old 19th March 2020, 06:44   #5  |  Link
markfilipak

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
no sony found a way to display 24p correctly on 60HZ panels the majority can't do that they need 120 HZ display to do that.
As you probably already know, when fed a 24 FPS video (such as Blu-ray), a 120Hz TV simply repeats each frame 4 times (total: 5 frames, i.e., 120Hz/24Hz = 5). The result is perfect 24 FPS. As I know you know, when fed a 24 FPS video, a 60Hz TV coverts each 4 frames to 10 frames,1, to 30 FPS via 2:3 pulldown (i.e., 30Hz/24Hz = 5/4) followed by, 2, repeating each resulting frame 1 time (i.e., 60Hz/30Hz = 2).
Quote:
if you are using a custom resolution to force 24p you are playing with fire and this has to be an low end TV: https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping
I have a comment and a confession. Comment: I'm not forcing it. According to the MonInfo application, the TV reports 23Hz to 76Hz in its HDMI capabilities. Confession: After I wrote to you last, I finally pulled my head out of my a$$ and realized I already have everything I need to determine whether my Sharp TV can operate in native 24Hz mode. It can't. I now know for sure that it's native 60Hz, and that, when fed 24 FPS, it's doing 2:3 pulldown.
markfilipak is offline   Reply With Quote