View Single Post
Old 19th July 2015, 23:58   #31961  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSunrise View Post
How do you expect madshi to react? Believe 20 other people that say A looks more satisfying and agree with madshi's findings or with 2-3 other people that don't agree, but they also don't show why they don't agree
It's 4 guys(or was it 6?) that got HQ forced and barely anyone reported on the 0.19 SR options IIRC so your "20 other people" seems pretty far stretched.

I tried yesterday late at night on my usual 720p material and this afternoon again on different kinds of SD material just to be sure that my impressions didn't change and then I saw that post that pretty much synthesized exactly what I saw so I thought I would +1 it, nothing more.

I also came to the conclusion this afternoon that sxbr+AS seem to look equally good(or even better?) than SR in .15 with 3@0.42 but I would need to finetune their strengths(sxbr75+AS 0.5 atm), madshi made clear that SR would take a route I'm not interested in so again I can either give up on SR altogether(as it's literalling been going downhill since .16 for me) or remain stuck in .15-land. I haven't really decided yet, yes it takes several test sessions on different kinds of material before making a decision.

If I had access to the script as a text file or could fire up SR from PotPlayer as a PS script, this wouldn't be much of a hassle but I do realize that madshi's work on mVR is already a gift, he's not too keen on sharing his work with the competition, he primarly codes mVR for his own use and he's already extremely kind to share it with us...so I need to adapt my needs to what he's willing to offer(and PQ is stellar anyway ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Huh? This release re-introduced "HQ off" for you. I'm confused how that would kill SuperRes for you? Instead of saying "thank you" for adding a tweak *just for you*, you continue to whine, and you don't do screenshots, as I asked you to multiple times already. You're not very motivating atm.
Yes my bad where are my manners sorry, TYVM for taking the time to make the change . I sure would fancy the same kind of kludge to change the sxbr strength to be honest ^^

I wasn't able to use versions since .16 due to HQ SR being forced so I'm basically going from .15 to .19 and yes this new build is a total show stopper for me as far as SR is concerned, HQ or not.

Screenshots? I'm sure you did a whole bunch of them when deciding that HQ=off looks horrible to you? Or did you toggle it while playing movie content? My point is that for all I know screenshots wouldn't prove anything and I would waste hours looking at microscopic pixels differences. It really only matters in motion IMHO and the differences I'm seeing are not content dependent to the least. At the end of the day what matters if that SR looks good to you and that I can also keep on being stunned by mVR, I seem willing to give up on SR as our views towards it would appear to drastically diverge. No worries.

Quote:
I've already told you that if that is your opinion, I want proof, in the form of screenshots. Put up or shut up!!
Oh totally, I was only +1 another post so the guy wouldn't be alone in the middle of the ocean of posts here and considered to be a misfit of some kind.

Quote:
I hope that at least some of those stuttering issues are resolved now
I definitely got random stuttering while seeking with .19 in PotP that didn't occur with .15 on W7SP1/HD7850/13.12/8bit DX9, will try the new build then

Last edited by leeperry; 20th July 2015 at 02:10.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote