View Single Post
Old 17th August 2019, 12:57   #57128  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
I have 1080 GTX now. I might move to AMD, any specific issues with Madvr and AMD drivers/Cards? or it's just same settings as Nvidia now
There are two minor issues I am aware of.

1 - I have an issue where colours/reds are blown out with SDR material sub 60hz, I have tried any of the new drivers so I dont know whether its fixed. You will only see it if you are setup for HDR / 10 bit though. This can easily be fixed though on my system by setting up madvr calibration to BT2020.

2. The is a bug in MADVR when using 3D, if your desktop is 4k and you play a 3D MVC movie, when it comes out of the movie and drops back to 4k you get HDMI loss, there are lots of ways around this.

Some people have reported banding in some situations, i've never seen any ever, I have a 2015 4k LG EF950v OLED.

I'm currently using a RX 580, its good for NGU high but I usually run it at medium or low in to keep heat and noise down, i generally find there is no distinguishable differce between high and low for me anyway.