View Single Post
Old 20th June 2020, 03:10   #1  |  Link
BetA13
cosmic entity

Dont Update!! Samsung BD Player

Samsung just slaped theyr Customers over, BIG TIME...

TDLR:
Blu-ray player HT-J5500w, BD-JM57C, and many more? keeps cycling on/off whenever plugged in. Happened to every one who let that thing connect to the internet.

Samsung broke those players with an Update, most of them are out of warranty also. Way to make your Customers buy new stuff, im shure they will buy another Samsung BlueRay Player from you again Aww Yeah.

Support:
Are you able to see the menu and current software version? Please provide the full model code and the current software version of the device.

Customer:
I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot even get mine to stay on long enough to get the software version.
We have two units and have the second one (the one that is still working) temporarily disconnected from the internet.

WHat a clusterfuck haha...

another one:
Samsung_Thanos must have snapped his fingers. I'm in the same boat as all y'all! Samsung, you should be embarrassed and ashamed.

and another:
Same for my HT-J5500w. I just got off the phone with support. I had to create a service ticket since my system is out of warranty and after almost 2 hours I was asked for an $80 service fee to proceed. This is their fault and was intended by Samsung if you ask me to take our money and force to upgrade. I will never own another Samsung product and will tell everyone I see in a store looking at those products about this.

The Forum is very Angry over @ Samsung LOL

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...n/td-p/1278935

as of now, theres is no statement from Samsung.

So, just a friendly heads up from me, if you own an samsung BD Player, dont, i repeat, DONT let it UPDATE!!! until this is resolved..

Best Regards

edit:
Quote:
The last two days have seen a variety of Samsung Blu-ray players worldwide suddenly cease working. The symptom is that they turn on when power is applied, whereupon they reboot themselves every few seconds endlessly. The power and eject buttons are ignored and all attempts at resetting them fail. After many owners contacted Samsung support and were told they needed to send their players in for hardware repair, Samsung appears to have admitted there is a common problem, not individual player failure. As they are all out of warranty and the reboot cycle precludes the normal software update process, we are awaiting a solution from them. A community post has hundreds of users confirming the issue across various models. We've reached out to Samsung but they have yet to comment on the matter.
https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/...king-worldwide

Last edited by BetA13; 20th June 2020 at 03:50.
BetA13 is offline   Reply With Quote