View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:59   #157  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

I'm not sure I understand whet you want. Do you want to be able to change the order of the cells, delete or add new cells in a PGC, for example to remove the credits of the movie or swap chapters? That's already possible with the PGC Editor. Just click on any VID/CID to assign it another VID/CID or replace it with a new tiny black cell. Of course, you cannot physically change the VID/CID in the VOB files, and the cells will not be moved in the VOBs, but you can already modify the playback order of the cells of the PGC. And if you replace a cell with another one, you can get rid of the original VOB cell with FixVTS or VobBlanker. I can't do much more.

If you want a real VOB editor that can modify the order of the cells in the VOB files, then it's not possible, and that will never be possible with PgcEdit. It's a very big job, requiring a full video editor with the constraints of the DVD VOB files (nav packs, buttons etc...) It's the job of a full featured authoring program, but certainly not of an editor that has to work on the final VOB and IFO files. As its name implies, PgcEdit is a PGC editor, not a VOB editor.

However, it is already possible to add a blank tiny cell at the end of the VOB file, but you can't insert it elsewhere, and therefore its VID/CID is determined by the other cells already present in the VOB, and it cannot be modified. I've added that possibility to be able to blank a cell (or a whole domain) by replacing it with a new tiny cell, but nothing more.

It is also possible to edit the menu parameters in the nav packs of the VOBs (with the menu editor), but that feature is also somewhat limited, and was necessary anyway to be able to control the whole navigation of the DVD.

Note also that there are already several programs that can somewhat manipulate the VOB files, like VobBlanker, IFOEdit, VOBEdit and FixVTS. In conjunction with PgcEdit, it is already possible to do many things.

Anyway, I don't have the time, the knowledge and the motivation to do a full VOB editor. Sorry.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote