View Single Post
Old 12th July 2014, 04:49   #15  |  Link
lyinawake

I've been trying and trying and thought I was on to something when it was pointed out I was using a flag that triggered interlacing in my output, but after fixing that issue there is still nothing that I can seem to do to get an output from ffmpeg to go into Encore without requiring transcoding. I am now working with elementary streams because Encore really hates taking anything that isn't elementary or that it can't transcode. I have also used Encore to transcode a file, found that resulting file, ran MediaInfo against it and compared my output. Nothing different other than MediaInfo sees my ReFrames @ 3 while the Encore transcode was @ 4. I've tried fiddling with various switches in the command but can't seem to get my ReFrames to read "4" though I hear around various forums that the ReFrame reading from MediaInfo is to be taken with a grain of salt due to the various ways there are to count the reference frames in a video.

My current theory is that Encore will not accept a video that isn't encoded using the MainConcept H.264 encoder. If that is the case then I am a sad panda. I'm hoping that someone on here can prove my theory incorrect.

@poisondeathray - You mentioned you were able to get this to work. Are you 100% positive that you were successful in getting 720p59.94 into Encore without it triggering a transcode? Would you be able to post your ffmpeg.exe or x264.exe command?
lyinawake is offline   Reply With Quote