Thread: Vapoursynth
View Single Post
Old 8th September 2012, 11:14   #64  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wOxxOm View Post
  1. What are 'format' and 'yuvrange' and is it possible to mimick spline16/36/64resize with Spline(clip:clip;width:intpt;height:intpt;format:intpt;yuvrange:intpt ?
  2. Is it possible to specify float numbers for the area to be resized like in avisynth's resize filters which have cropXXXX parameters?
  3. What is the syntax of 'Lut' and 'Lut2' functions?
  4. Is it possible to implement positional parameters so that instead of Spline(c1=myvideonode,width=1280,height=720) it'd be spline(myvideonode,1280,720) ?
  5. It would be nice to have a callback in 'output' function with current frame number and coded frame size so that it could be used in a custom gui for progress reporting
1. yuvrange isn't implemented yet in the filter, I'll add it so it works as good/bad as swscale in libav does. I'll go and ask how much is implemented now, last time I looked it was only half done. I have no idea about replicating the avisynth spline functions. Tell me if it looks similar to any of them.
2. Not sure if swscale implements it, will go ask the developers because I'm curious too.
3. For Lut the lut argument is a list of 2^(video bits per sample) ints. So for normal video it simply is the 256 values in the lut you've calculated by yourself. Lut2 is similar except that it's Lut2(clips=[clip1, clip2], lut=[2^(usually 16) ints])
You can also add planes=[1, 2] (or similar) if you only want it to work on uv in yuv.
4. I like it verbose, maybe some day I'll relax the requirement but I see it as a good way of keeping scripts readable.
5. It shall be added